Samartha Bharata’s 6th Statewide ‘Be Good Do Good-2020’ youth campaign to begin on January 12Date posted: January 8, 2020 | Short URL: https://samvada.org/?p=36095 | Share:
Statewide Be Good Do Good-2020 youth campaign to begin on January 12
Bengaluru, January 08, 2020: Aimed to spread the message of ‘BE GOOD – DO GOOD’ on
the occasion of the 157th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, an mega youth campaign
Be Good Do Good has been organized by Samartha Bharata trust, an organization
promoting social volunteering among youth. The Campaign to begin on January 12, 2020
and to conclude on January 26, 2020.
In a press conference organised at Mythic Society, trustees of Samartha Bharata, Fitness expert Sri Ravi, Water conservationist Dr. Ravi Shankar, Deputy Director, Department of Animal Husbandry, Govt of Karnataka. Dr. Jayaprakash were present.
The campaign focusses on the message of Swami Vivekananda ‘BE GOOD – DO GOOD’ on
January 12th, 2020, to commemorate the 157th birthday of Swami Vivekananda, which is
celebrated as National Youth Day, and lasts for 2 weeks till January 26th, 2020
Be Good Do Good Campaign aims to reach more than 6 lakh youth and students and let the
message serve as a reminder of the immense potential and opportunities that the youth
have, to transform their lives and to pledge to build a strong, healthy society.
The campaign expects the youth have to pass on the legacy of ‘BE GOOD – DO GOOD’ to
more people by indulging in inspiring activities and becoming active role models. Details of
the Campaign is available on the website at www.samarthabharata.org In order to make
this message available to more youngsters, technology-based forums such as the Samartha
Bharata website, social media, Whatsapp and SMS are being used for promoting the Be
Good Do Good campaign. These forums will also be available to those who have chosen for
sharing inspirational experiences. Many organisations, educational institutions, cultural
associations, youth icons, scientists, sports stars, cine stars etc. are endorsing the campaign.
This year, theme of Do Good Activity of ‘Be Good Do Good Campaign-2020’ is as follows.
1. Save Water.
2. Eat Healthy.
3. Respect Everyone.
On January 12, 2020 AT 10.00AM the launching ceremony of the campaign will be held at
RV Teachers College, Jayanagar 2nd Block, Bengaluru in which Deputy Chief Minister and
Minister for Higher Education Dr CN Ashwath Narayan, Minister for Primary and Secondary
Education Sri S Suresh Kumar, Youth Orator and MP Tejasvi Surya, other to participate.
State Level Essay Competitions for the College Students:
An essay competitions for College Students of Karnataka is organised on the occasion of the
campaign in collaboration with the Mythic Society Bengaluru.
Topics as Follows
1. Message of Swami Vivekananda for 21st Century Youth
2. Swami Vivekananda’s thoughts and Nationalism
3. Women: Perspective of Swami Vivekananda
Degree or equivalent, Post Graduate Students can participate in this essay competition.
Students can select any one among the 3 topics and send self – handwritten essays within
word limits of 2500 on or before January 31, 2020 to The Mythic Society, Nrupatunga Road,
Near KR Circle, Bengaluru – 560001.
Cash prizes worth Rs 10,000 and certificate, Rs 7500 and certificate, Rs 5000 and certificate
will be awarded to First, Second and Third prize winners respectively. Also, 20 consolation
prizes each with Rs 1000 Cash Prize and certificates will be given. For details: 9113263342
On January 12, 2020 at 7.00am a Walkathon is organised near Cubbon Park, Opposite to
Kanteerava Indoor Stadium in which more than 1000 youth are expected to participate.
For details: 9113263342
A Symposium on a theme “Inclusion of Women in the National Development- A way
Forward” is organised on January 12, 2020 at 3.30pm at Mythic Society Bengaluru in which
Prof PV Krishna Bhat, Chancellor of University of Orissa, Koraput, Kumari Tanmayi, Smt
Tejaswini Ananth Kumar and others will be participating. For details: 9341223454
Eminent personalities from different social arena have endorsed the Campaign:
1. Smriti Irani, Union Minister, Govt of India
2. Dr. D.Veerendra Heggade, Dharmadhikari of the Dharmasthala Temple
3. Poojya Nirmalanandanatha Swamiji, Adichunchanagiri Matha
4. Dr Radhakrishnan, Former Chairman, ISRO
5. Sri Sri Ravishankar, Art of living
6. Justice RTD Santhosh Hegde
7. Lakshmi Gopalaswamy (Actor)
8. Maj.Bhavana Chiranjay, Aniruddh (Actor),
9. Dr BN Gangadhar, Director, NIMHANS
10. Ashwin Angadi (UN awardee),
11. Sharath Gayakwad (Paralympic Swimmer, Arjuna Awardee),
12. Dr.Rajashekhar (Founder-Director of Shekar Hospitals)
13. Dr Myalaswami Annadurai, ISRO scientist & Program Director of Mangalayaana
14. Arjun Devaiah, Asian Games Gold medalist
15. Justice (Rtd) Shivaraj Patil, Eminent law expert
16. Padma Bhushan Dr. Devi Shetty, Cardiologist, Narayana Hrudayalaya
17. Srinagara Kitty, Kannada actor
18. B.C.Patil, actor and politician
19. Mamata Poojari, Indian Women’s Kabaddi Team captain
20. Prakashananda Swamiji, Ramakrishna Ashram
21. Dr.Sharan Patil, orthopedic surgeon and CMD of Sparsh chain of hospitals
22. Chakravarti Sulibele, Social Activist, Orator-Columnist
23. Abhimanyu Mithun, cricketer
24. Guru Kiran, music director
25. Dr.C.S.Rao, President of Reliance Communications
26. Roopika, Kannada actor
Contact Details: 9113263342, 9880621824 www.samarthabharta.org