On the 2nd day of the #PositivityUnlimited lecture series organised by Covid Response Team (CRT), Delhi. Founder of Art of Living Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Vice President of Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari Padmashri Nivedita Bhide and Chairman of Wipro Limited Shri Azim Premji spoke today. Spiritual Guru and social activists call for compassion and Seva, express confidence Bharat would come out as a winner against Covid19.
Lt Gen Gurmeet Singh (retd) introduced the speakers of the day. Below are the excerpts from the speech of each speaker.
“This is the time to express our gratitude to society and Serve others” – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Our country is going through the biggest challenge of this century. Witness the loss of our near and dear ones, our minds can be affected. Many of us have lost our friends and relatives. Anyone can be affected mentally. So what is that we can do? We have to do 4 things to overcome this:
- Mental Strength: We have to be mentally strong and this is also our responsibility now. We have to reignite our energies and stay courageous.
- Remain Conscious: We should not be affected emotionally and we must be conscious and aware of the things happening around. It also gives us the strength to serve others. This will also enable us to follow the guidelines laid for the sake of the society. For this we have to meditate, recite a few mantras and have faith in god. Our ancestors have done this for ages. We have to follow it at this juncture when the entire humanity is being tested.
- Serve Others: This is the time to serve others. We have read of people who continued to serve despite death in their own families. This is the time to express our gratitude to society.
- Yoga & Ayurveda: Along with this we have to control the food we take. We also have to practice Yoga and opt for Ayurvedic remedies to stay fit.
We also have to avoid negative news as much as possible and listen to more positive news and messages. Every person has to strive to keep himself/herself and his/her surroundings positive he concluded
“Country must come together as one. United we stand and divided we fall” – Azim Premji
In this hour of crisis I have to say 3 things:
1. We have to act fast and our actions should be based on science. We must confront his crisis truthfully. Science is the foundation on which we can find solutions.
2. Country must come together as one. United we stand and divided we fall.
3. We have to be considerate to the plight of the downtrodden. The pandemic is also affecting the vulnerable. We need to restructure society so that the needs of the most vulnerable sections are taken care of.
I urge everyone to come together and do more for society in this hour of crisis.
” Bharat is an ancient nation and has passed through many such difficult phases. We will emerge victorious even from this pandemic ” – Nivedita Bhide
We will win and we will definitely win. This is because Bharat is an ancient nation and has passed through many such difficult phases. Hence we will emerge victorious even from this pandemic. We certainly were shaken by the second wave which hit us suddenly. But gradually we all are coming together as a society and all government, public, institutions are coming together to fight the pandmeic.
In order to win over the crisis there are 5 things each of us can do.
- Increase Life Force (Prana Shakti) – We have to do Pranayam as Covid affects our lungs. We have to sit at a silent phace and practice breathing rhythmically and gradually. Chant ‘Om’ repeatedly throughout the day. We have to chant at least in the morning and evening. Research also backs the claim that chanting Om can increase immunity in us.
2. Understand our Subconscious Mind – We have to know our mind to stay positive. Swami Vivekananda had also spoken about the importance of our subconscious mind in staying positive. We have to remain positive when we deal with people and situations. We have to think good of the society, nation and world. Covid is an opportunity to learn the way to keep our mind positive.
3. Importance of Family – Due to Covid lockdown families have an opportunity to stay together will all members. Earlier everyone was busy in their own work and lives. Now instead of being affected by negative news, when we are at home we have to concentrate on learning new things and new experiments. We can learn new languages. We can learn languages or other regions or learn Sanskrit. We can perform Surya Namaskar together in the family and involve our relatives and friends online. We can play new house games, cook food. We need not be concerned are we are not able to go outside and instead make use of it as an opportunity.
4. An Opportunity to Serve – Covid has given us an opportunity to serve the society which has given us so much. There are many people who need help in terms of food and other ways. Each day we can pray for the wellness of people who are in hospital and are recovering. There is strength in praying which also increases positivity in society. As Swami Vivekananda said the more we serve, closer we are in realising our true selves.
5. Understanding the nature of Death – We are from that civilisation and land which does not fear death. Just as Alexander failed to instill fear in Dandamis, we are from the land which does not fear death. We will face death with a smile if it is our time. Death is like changing one body to another and we need not fear. We think that our relatives have parted from us after death but we might meet them again in the subsequent lives. Hence we need not fear death. While we serve others during this pandemic and earn ‘punya’, we also should not use it as an opportunity to take advantage of others at this difficult time. It is in the nature of Bharat to win over any difficulty and we will surely win this time too. We have to stay positive at this time to overcome the pandemic.
Report : Prashanth Vaidyaraj, Editor, Samvadaworld.com